Our attorneys represent a variety of business entities, including large, mid-sized and emerging businesses. We assist our clients in developing long term strategies to maximize profitability of their hard earned investments by navigating them through the intricacies of structuring, managing and operating a successful business enterprise. We are attorneys with business acumen who will help you avoid controversies and evaluate risks by drawing upon our experiences. We can answer all of your business law questions and will guide you through every stage of growth and development. Successful businesses need more than just your average attorney; they demand trusted advisors and counselors with insight and creativity to create the business of tomorrow.
Bashian & Papantoniou provides exceptional guidance to its clients who are seeking new business opportunities. One of the most important decisions you must make when starting a new business is selecting the appropriate form of entity for your new business venture. Not only will this important decision have significant tax and legal implications, but it may also affect the ability to retain talent and attract prospective investors. We counsel our clients in all facets of this process, whether dealing with partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies, professional corporations, and sole proprietorships.
As your attorneys, we will work to develop strategies and procedures for you to follow with our experts on various accounting and tax issues associated with owning and operating a new business, guide you through various financing methods and assist you in the protection of potential intellectual property issues.
Let our firm’s attorneys help you with the following matters:
- Shareholder agreements
- Board of director and shareholder minutes
- Employment agreements
- Sales and commission agreements
- Executive agreements
- Contracts, preparation and review of corporate documents
- Non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Copyright, trademark and intellectual property
- Due diligence
- Real estate ventures
- Entertainment and talent representation
- Joint ventures
- Severance agreements
- Employment policies and handbooks
- Non-profit formation and 501(c) charitable tax status
- Settlement agreements and releases
- Confidentiality agreements
At Bashian & Papantoniou, our corporate attorneys assist our clients with the following:
- Organizing and conducting shareholder, member, and director meetings
- Shareholder relationships and disputes, dealing with dissident shareholders and executive terminations
- General corporate compliance
- Board of directors and management advisory
- Guiding directors, senior executives and controlling shareholders with respect to their fiduciary duties, including duty of care and duty of loyalty, as well guiding directors through the application of the business judgment rule
- Setting up a comprehensive risk management plan
We advise boards of directors and management of companies on virtually every aspect of business law, whether it’s on an individual transaction basis or as their general counsel, including serving as general corporate counsel to supplement already existing in-house counsel.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Our attorneys have extensive knowledge and experience in handling mergers and acquisitions. Our attorneys have worked with many types of businesses ranging from small “mom and pop” shops to large well-known companies in the negotiation and preparation of merger agreements, stock purchase agreements and asset purchase agreements, as well as any ancillary documents associated with such transactions.
In structuring transactions, our attorneys are aware of the issues and consequences facing your business in a purchase or divesture and are knowledgeable in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including:
- Preparing and negotiating letters of intent
- Negotiating and documenting various forms of transactions
- Negotiating agreements with brokers and investment bankers
- Assisting with organization of due diligence materials
- Conducting legal due-diligence reviews and assessments
- Reviewing and confirming historical corporate and shareholder actions
We represent investors, venture capital funds, and emerging growth companies in their financing activities. We have the experience and capabilities to provide our clients’ legal representation and counsel on all aspects of the private equity business including, additional ancillary substantive issues that may arise at various stages of a venture financing.